Sunday, May 27, 2007
That's how many steps my pedometer recorded on my first official power walk today.
I'm attempting to work my way up to running, but I've read that its best to start slow or you'll just burn out too quickly and running will never be fun for you (because you're not doing it right). At this point I can't picture running being fun at all...but I'm going to give it a try.
I need to focus on "other" things, and I need to get in shape...this will hopefully accomplish both.
1. that I have the ability to walk/run with relative ease. I saw a young girl while I out with a walker and it made me realize how lucky I really am. (how easy it is to forget that some days)
2. that the rain earlier made the air outside perfect for walking - not too hot, not too cool
3. that I still have a lifetime ahead to accomplish everything that I dream of...that its not too late
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Seriously, we had the BEST time.
You could feel the positive energy in the sold-out theatre. It was amazing to have the writer of the movie and musical in the audience. Having people cheer and applaude throughout the movie made it seem fresh even though I've lost count as to how many times I've seen it on tape.
November now seems that much further away.
1. that the rain stayed away on our walk to and from the movie theatre
2. that I could experience the evening with good friends
3. that the movie was made, because its given me so much joy