Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Love

A dear friend recently got married and I wanted to make something special for her.  The original idea was to give it to her at her bridal shower but it wasn't ready in time so I gave it to her on her wedding day.

I thought this was the perfect time to try my hand at quilling.  After a few missteps, I got the hang of it and I'm SO pleased with the final result.

I decided on the words for "love" in both Hindi and Italian to represent the bride and groom. Between using Google search and asking friends, I was pretty confident I used the correct words (but I was still nervous).


I used my handy Fiskars paper cutter to cut the paper strips myself and just plain old Elmers glue (the clear kind) to attach the paper strips to the background.  Next time I would definitely use a sturdier backing but other than that, things went smoothly.



I received a text from the bride saying they loved it so much they hung it in their bedroom.  I'd say that makes this project a success!!

Now...what to quill next?!!?

No comments: