Sunday, February 10, 2013

I heart hearts and Valentines Day!

Maybe my single self isn't supposed to be into Valentines Day but I really do love it.

I think it started  when I was a kid and my mom would always give each of us something special. I often got a Valentines themed stuffed toy.  I fondly remember a white puppy holding a puffy red heart in its mouth.  I loved writing out cards for my classmates.  I loved making cards for my parents.

For me its also an excuse to decorate a little since the withdrawal from taking down the Christmas decorations had settled in and its a great excuse to be crafty.

Here are some of the Valentine's Day crafts I've pinned lately:


You can buy this garland over on Etsy but it would be super simple to make on your own.










I know it's a made-up commercialized holiday (which isn't really a holiday) but if one day of the year everyone expresses their love just a little more, then I'm all for it.

What Valentine's crafts have you been making?

No comments: